Skip to main content

Blog Post 5

     Twitter has never really been one of my top social media apps. I used it once in a while when I was younger to follow my favorite authors and keep up to date on their book releases. I was very much a book nerd growing up, and a lot of authors updated their lives on Twitter! Over the past couple years, I haven't really interacted with is much, and ended up deleting the app a couple of years ago because of lack of use, but re-downloaded it for this class. I hope to use Twitter in my future career as a teacher, as this class has made me realize how helpful it can be for teachers.

    The digital divide is something that affects students a lot, especially in the virtual schooling we are doing right now. Some students don't have the same access to hardware and software that other students do. The socio-economic divide is a huge reason as to why only certain students have access to technology. If students don't have this access to technology, their success rate could be astronomically lower if they can't attend their classes, making it unable for them to learn the material. Being in college at the time that virtual education is at its most used, I know that if the pandemic continues, I will have to figure out ways to use it and help students who do not have access to it. I hope to be the teacher that has the motivation to do everything in my power to make sure my students learn what they are supposed to and stay engaged. If some students don't have access to technology, maybe I will have to create physical course packets and have them delivered to their front door, which I would happily do.

    I have always preferred Google Docs and Classroom over Microsoft Word and OneNote. I used Google Classroom in middle school and OneNote in high school, but I plan to implement Google Classroom for my students. Google Classroom allows for students to be together in a class and get assignments, readings, etc. as a unified class. I found it much easier to navigate and use as a middle school student. Even as a high schooler, OneNote was more difficult to use. I also want to use Khan Academy, as I found that very helpful as a student to review certain subjects and concepts that I was having trouble with.

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 6

      When I first opened Diigo, the main thing I noticed was how "old" it looked compared to most modern day websites. The set-up looked like it was from the early to mid-2000s, which made it a little harder to navigate. I started looking at everyone's posts and seeing how they did theirs, so I started exploring the page and figuring out how to bookmark my pages. Once I did it once, it was easy to do again. I haven't done the annotation yet, but I think once I watch the tutorial video, it'll be easy to do. If I'm being honest, I don't necessarily like Diigo, just because it feels a little old to me, but it has a great use for the class.     The only other time I have blogged outside of this class was in seventh grade when I had to write weekly blogs on books I was chose to read for my language arts class. I was very much a book nerd back then, so I usually ended up finishing a book per week, so each blog post was about a new book every week. I really did

Blog Journal 8

     The Web Design assignment was very interesting. I have used Weebly before, but because I was so young when I did, I didn't realize how much there was to create your website. I learned so many ways to make a website unique, and it made it super simple to use. There were a lot of shortcuts to put a lot of different things in the website just by clicking and dragging a link. After creating a mock-teacher website, I will definitely consider making one of my own when I become a teacher. Here is the link to my website:   http://rabin2ndgrade.weebly.com/      From Diigo, I learned a lot on how to annotate online. I didn't even realize when we first started using Diigo how to attach an extension to Chrome, so using the Diigo extension helped me see how to do so. The Diigo extension allowing me to annotate the various bookmarks, and it was very cool how it was able to be shared with the rest of the class. As useful as Diigo was for this class, I do not think I would use it for my f