Skip to main content

Blog Journal 3

     Copyright is is the legal right, given to the creator of something to share their own work, and give others permission to do the same. It protects intellectual property, which is anything as a result of creativity. Fair use allows people to take small portions of copyrighted material and share them. People such as teachers use this in order to help teach material. I would first educate my students on both of these concepts to make sure they understand the limits and importance of copyright and fair use, as there are consequences to breaking them. I would also make sure for things they use, that they credit the creator and check for copyrighted materials before even thinking about using it.

    Cyberbullying is a huge problem, especially in this day and age. I believe that the most important and efficient way to prevent it is to educate people. I would set aside time to talk about cyberbullying, ways to spot it, and how to approach it and report it in a mature way. Decreased productivity distracts students from their work, and some ways that my teachers have prevented that in the past, is that the teachers sit in the back of the classroom so the computer/phone screens are facing them. This gives teachers the ability to see if students are using the correct application and doing their work. 

    While creating the newsletter, I was able to learn more about Microsoft Word formatting tricks. Normally, if I were to create something that would require a lot of design and formatting, I would use Microsoft Publisher, but by using Word, I was able to learn how to do things on Word just as I knew how to do in Publisher. In the future, I think I could improve on spacing better, as the margins seemed oddly large in my newsletter. Not too big that there was too much white space, but one of my graphics didn't cover much of the page when placed in the center. These skills can help me when I'm a teacher if I wanted to create a real newsletter to send to students' parents, as I do believe it is a very helpful way to keep in contact with the parents.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 6

      When I first opened Diigo, the main thing I noticed was how "old" it looked compared to most modern day websites. The set-up looked like it was from the early to mid-2000s, which made it a little harder to navigate. I started looking at everyone's posts and seeing how they did theirs, so I started exploring the page and figuring out how to bookmark my pages. Once I did it once, it was easy to do again. I haven't done the annotation yet, but I think once I watch the tutorial video, it'll be easy to do. If I'm being honest, I don't necessarily like Diigo, just because it feels a little old to me, but it has a great use for the class.     The only other time I have blogged outside of this class was in seventh grade when I had to write weekly blogs on books I was chose to read for my language arts class. I was very much a book nerd back then, so I usually ended up finishing a book per week, so each blog post was about a new book every week. I really did

Blog Post 5

      Twitter has never really been one of my top social media apps. I used it once in a while when I was younger to follow my favorite authors and keep up to date on their book releases. I was very much a book nerd growing up, and a lot of authors updated their lives on Twitter! Over the past couple years, I haven't really interacted with is much, and ended up deleting the app a couple of years ago because of lack of use, but re-downloaded it for this class. I hope to use Twitter in my future career as a teacher, as this class has made me realize how helpful it can be for teachers.     The digital divide is something that affects students a lot, especially in the virtual schooling we are doing right now. Some students don't have the same access to hardware and software that other students do. The socio-economic divide is a huge reason as to why only certain students have access to technology. If students don't have this access to technology, their success rate could be ast

Blog Journal 8

     The Web Design assignment was very interesting. I have used Weebly before, but because I was so young when I did, I didn't realize how much there was to create your website. I learned so many ways to make a website unique, and it made it super simple to use. There were a lot of shortcuts to put a lot of different things in the website just by clicking and dragging a link. After creating a mock-teacher website, I will definitely consider making one of my own when I become a teacher. Here is the link to my website:   http://rabin2ndgrade.weebly.com/      From Diigo, I learned a lot on how to annotate online. I didn't even realize when we first started using Diigo how to attach an extension to Chrome, so using the Diigo extension helped me see how to do so. The Diigo extension allowing me to annotate the various bookmarks, and it was very cool how it was able to be shared with the rest of the class. As useful as Diigo was for this class, I do not think I would use it for my f