Skip to main content

Blog Journal 7

     Most of the teacher websites I looked at had most of their information available to the public. Although, when I did click on a lot of the teacher websites from the two high schools, a lot of teachers did not seem to use or update their websites. The ones that did use their website usually provided calendars and various links to outside resources. A lot of the links provided were extra reading resources and games to help with what they were learning. The following website was an extra link from the original list of teachers. This teacher seemed to put in a lot of extra effort to share information with her students. 

Link: https://leonushistorysears.weebly.com/ 


    Throughout this class, I have definitely learned that technology can really come in handy while teaching. I have always been the person to prefer a pencil and paper and the more classic way of teaching, but sometimes technology does really make life easier. In the future, I think I would use technology to help give information out to my students and their parents, as well as distributing class materials. I would probably use Google Calendar and Google Classroom, along with a teacher website for general information and to give parents access to the same information my students have. 

    PBWorks has been an interesting experience for me because I have never used anything like it. It was definitely useful for Assignment 2: Website Evaluation and was a good way to collaborate. Although, one thing that was frustrating for my group was that we could not all edit the same page at the same time. Otherwise, it was a nice way to organize different pages all for the same purpose. As I aim to teach elementary school, I do not know how useful and easy it would be for my students, as even I had trouble navigating and working it when I first used it. I could possibly use it, though, as a class website instead of creating my own from scratch. I could create different pages and it is public.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 8

     The Web Design assignment was very interesting. I have used Weebly before, but because I was so young when I did, I didn't realize how much there was to create your website. I learned so many ways to make a website unique, and it made it super simple to use. There were a lot of shortcuts to put a lot of different things in the website just by clicking and dragging a link. After creating a mock-teacher website, I will definitely consider making one of my own when I become a teacher. Here is the link to my website:   http://rabin2ndgrade.weebly.com/      From Diigo, I learned a lot on how to annotate online. I didn't even realize when we first started using Diigo how to attach an extension to Chrome, so using the Diigo extension helped me see how to do so. The Diigo extension allowing me to annotate the various bookmarks, and it was very cool how it was able to be shared with the rest of the class. As useful as Diigo was for this class, I do not thi...

Blog 1

     Hi! My name is Jenna Rabin. I'm a freshman at FSU, but I'm from Atlanta, Georgia. The first thing I enjoy telling people is that I am a huge nerd. I love to read and write and I will constantly have conversations about TV shows and movies whenever I'm prompted to. Harry Potter and Star Wars are basically personality traits of mine. I'm also very short, only five feet tall, but fun size.      In schools, I've had experience with Microsoft applications such as Teams, Word, and Powerpoint. I've had to use those a lot through high school, especially Microsoft Teams, as it was the way we had virtual classes at the end of last semester. I've also used the Georgia Virtual Schools online platform for my online classes my senior year, so I got familiar with a certain platform for online classes. I have also used Microsoft OneNote, because a lot of teachers in my high school required us to take notes and submit work through it.     My personal learni...

Blog Journal 3

      Copyright is is the legal right, given to the creator of something to share their own work, and give others permission to do the same. It protects intellectual property, which is anything as a result of creativity. Fair use allows people to take small portions of copyrighted material and share them. People such as teachers use this in order to help teach material. I would first educate my students on both of these concepts to make sure they understand the limits and importance of copyright and fair use, as there are consequences to breaking them. I would also make sure for things they use, that they credit the creator and check for copyrighted materials before even thinking about using it.     Cyberbullying is a huge problem, especially in this day and age. I believe that the most important and efficient way to prevent it is to educate people. I would set aside time to talk about cyberbullying, ways to spot it, and how to approach it and report it in a mat...